prize for crossword competition
  • jojujohncjojujohnc January 2011 +1 -1

what would be the ideal prize for the crossword competition?

what about the following things...
    - Sabda thaaravali, cost around 800Rs
    - name a few classic books (cost around 300 - 600Rs)
    - 8Gb memory stick. (cost around 700Rs)
    - Wireless mouse (cost around 600Rs ??)
    - tell me something is a range 500 to 900Rs range.
    - mobile recharge coupons (Rs 300 to 600)

we may consider awarding one prize per competition.
    I can purchase it in a short and deliver it fast.

your opinions please.

• vivek_rvvivek_rv January 2011 +1 -1

Sabdatharavali is a good option ....

Also you can consider some "സമ്പൂര്‍ണ്ണ കൃതികള്‍" like Bashir, karoor etc ....

Electronic gadgets are not preferable .... Books are ideal as crossword prizes.

BTW, no news about the Mathrubhumi prizes.

• jaymrojaymro January 2011 +1 -1

1)- It's a wonderful idea to give prizes for each competition, indeed.( if it's affordable).
    2)- I agree with Vivek that 'books are ideal prizes for crosswords.'
    3)- For a starting a prize worth Rs.500 may be enough per Crossword.(thinking the budget).
    4)- We may set different criteria time to time in order to reach the prizes for different contestants.(For 1st / first 3/first 10 positions and some other.)
    4a)- Consider Five CWs as a Set and select first top 10 contestants for prize.
    4b)- Give prizes every one/two/three days who completes the CW.

5)- Prizes should reach maximum number of contestants. So they would get encouraged.
    6)- Consolation prizes(Rs.50) for the contestants who are active but not hitting the top also may be considered.(to encourage them).
    7)- Select different contestants for consolation prizes each CW so that to make sure all get it at least once.
    8)- Let all prizes be something physical/tangible/notable, including consolation. At least the winner's family members note that something has been won.
    8a)- Mobile re-charge coupons are less preferred cause it may not catch anyone's attention.
    9)- It's not bad the winners to choose their prize item(from within the company's choices. I think many youngsters like electronic gadgets.)

10)- The number of registered members are very less considering the number of prospective users of internet.
    ( It's very sad that not even 100 contestants complete it within 2 months.)
    11)- Have a statistics on how many of the contestants enter the Discuss/comments section.
    12)- Encourage them to enter the comments' section and complete the crossword.
    13)- Change the Discuss button as 'Comments/More Clues' and make it more striking/catchy. (Keep the common user always in mind. I entered 'Discuss' section after one month struggling with many CWs, in the beginning. I was not aware extra clues are available there. )
    14)- Add a sentence above or below the crossword saying, ' You can get more clues from Discuss/Comment section after 24 hours.'
    15)- Attract sponsors for prizes and gradually elaborate the prize structure.
    ( As the popularity increases it's easy to get the sponsors.)

Publicity:-
    1)- We should aim to attract more people to Mashithantu.
    2)- Give advertisements more fruitfully. (Months back, I 'discovered' Mashithantu while searching something else.)
    3)- Conduct campaigns based on computer institutions/Professional and other Colleges/Schools.
    4)- Contact Education dept., IT@School to introduce this to the teachers and the students.
    5)- Get maximum free advertisements in media like Mathrubhumi and channels.
    6)- Get maximum coverage in different media.
    7)- Convince them it's educative and knowledgeable. It is a game that enhance students' reasonable thinking and common sense which are focussed on our new educational system.

-pozhan

• jaymrojaymro January 2011 +1 -1

What about giving small prizes(Rs.50) for all/first 250 who completes one CW.
    Announce it prior to start the game and give a good publicity.

Find some sponsors. I'm ready to give Rs.1000 (for 20).
    Mass delivery of prizes may cost more than the prizes' worth.
    So even the mobile re-charges could be considered. ( There is a possibility to contract/tie-up with the mobile companies in massive re-charges. They may even sponsor it. It may be beneficial for both.)

Won't it be a good start?
    -pozhan

• jojujohncjojujohnc January 2011 +1 -1

thanks a lot for your ideas...

I will change the "comments" to "more clues"
    extra clues will be given after 8AM next day.
    (we may authorize a few people to give more clues, a set of 10 people. they can login and publish extra clues)

advertisement... Mathrubhumi and Deepika will promote Mashithantu once in a while, if we send some news. may be I will contact Surya TV, if we are planning for a big competition.

After PRAYANAM, we should conduct a grand crossword competition. a game of 25 crosswords in two months. with 100 small prizes. from April 10 to June 10.

100 consolation prizes are like kodakara puraanam, or any book in a range of 50 to 100Rs MRP).we will try to contact the authors to get the discount/sponsorship. how can we convert a dream to true?

• vikasvenattuvikasvenattu January 2011 +1 -1

Wonderful. I could not open this page for a while.
    ആലിന്‍‌കായ് പഴുത്തമ്പോള്‍ കാക്കയ്ക്ക് വായ്‌പ്പുണ്ണ് എന്നു പറഞ്ഞതുപോലെയാണു കാര്യങ്ങള്‍!

• aneeshmelananeeshmelan February 2011 +1 -1

പ്രൈസ് മണിയുടെ ഒരു നിശ്ചിത ശതമാനം (നൂറു ആണേല്‍ പത്ത്‌) എന്തെങ്കിലും ജീവ കാരുണ്യ പ്രവര്‍ത്തനങ്ങള്‍ക്ക് നീക്കി വക്കാം.തങ്ങളും ഒരു നല്ല കാര്യത്തിനു പങ്കാളി ആയി എന്ന തോന്നല്‍ സമ്മാന ജേതാക്കള്‍ക്ക്‌ ഉണ്ടാവും ഉണ്ടാവും.

• jojujohncjojujohnc February 2011 +1 -1

Aneesh, it will mix up things. they can't contribute anything if the prize is a book.

• aneeshmelananeeshmelan February 2011 +1 -1

നമ്മള്‍ അല്ലെ ബുക്ക്‌ മേടിക്കുന്നത് അപ്പോള്‍ നമ്മള്‍ക്ക് മാറ്റി വക്കാവുന്നതെ ഒള്ളു.ഇത് അഭിപ്രായം ആണ്

• AdminAdmin February 2011 +1 -1

പ്രയാണം കഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുള്ള മത്സരത്തിന് എന്ത് പേര് വേണം? നിര്‍ദ്ദേശിക്കുക.

കുരുക്ഷേത്ര രണ്ടാം ഭാഗം ആക്കണോ അതോ മറ്റൊരു പേര് വേണോ?

അല്ലെങ്കില്‍ "സൌമ്യ" എന്നാക്കിയാലോ? ആ കുട്ടിയുടെ ഒരു ഓര്‍മ്മയ്ക്ക്‌!!!

ഇത് ആ കുട്ടിയെ കരിവാരി തേക്കല്‍ ആകുമോ? വെറുതെ ആ കുട്ടിയുടെ പേര് ഇതില്‍ വലിച്ചിഴയ്ക്കണോ എന്നൊക്കെ ചിന്തിക്കണം. അഭിപ്രായം പറയൂ.

• vivek_rvvivek_rv February 2011 +1 -1

ആരോ മുമ്പ് പറഞ്ഞത് പോലെ "സമസ്യ" എന്നായാലോ? ആ പേര് ഇത് വരെ ഇപ്പോള്‍ നടക്കുന്ന മത്സരത്തില്‍ ഉപയോഗിച്ച് കണ്ടില്ല. (ഇനി ഞാന്‍ കാണാത്തതാണോ എന്നറിയില്ല). "കുരുക്ഷേത്ര" യ്ക്കുണ്ടായിരുന്നത് പോലെ എല്ലാ event ഇനും ഒരു home page ഉള്ളത് നല്ലതാണ്

ഇപ്പോഴത്തെ ഇവന്റ് നെയിം "സമസ്യ " എന്നാണ് കൊടുത്തിരുന്നത്. അത് വീണ്ടും ഉപയോഗിക്കുവാന്‍ പറ്റില്ല :-(

എല്ലാ ഇവെന്റിനും ഒരു ഹോം പേജ് പരിഗണിക്കാവുന്നതാണ്. ഒരു ചെറിയ ഡിസ്ക്രിപ്ഷന്‍ എല്ലാ മത്സരങ്ങള്‍ക്കും കൊടുക്കുന്ന തരത്തില്‍ .

A small description, prize, rules etc. can be provided in the home page ...

Can we give the names of rivers for each event ?

• jaymrojaymro February 2011 +1 -1

അന്തിപ്പോഴനെ ബോൾഡിലാക്കിത്തട്ടിയതുകണ്ടു. വേണ്ടായിരുന്നു.
     സമ്മാനം 'മഷിത്തണ്ടി'ന്റെ വകയായിരിക്കട്ടെ. മാർക്കറ്റിംഗിൽ താത്പര്യമുള്ള കമ്പനികൾക്കു പോരേ 'പരസ്യം'? 
    പോഴൻ ഒരു കമ്പനിയും ഇപ്പോൾ നടത്തുന്നില്ല. ഒരു കറക്കുകമ്പനിയെങ്കിലും തുടങ്ങുന്നകാലത്തു ഈ സേവനം ചെയ്തുതന്നാൽ സന്തോഷമായിരിക്കും.

ചിന്ത മറ്റൊരാംഗിളിൽ-ഇനി, ഇതുകൊണ്ടു മറ്റാരെങ്കിലും സഹായിക്കാൻ മുന്നോട്ടുവരുമെന്നുണ്ടെങ്കിൽ ഇപ്പോഴും സന്തോഷം. കുറെക്കൂടി വല്ല്യക്ഷരത്തിലാക്കിക്കോളൂ.:O)
    -പോഴൻ.

പോഴ, അതിനൊരു മറുവശം ഉണ്ട്. കുരുക്ഷേത്രയുടെ sponsor's listil നിന്നും എന്റെ പേര് ഒഴിവാക്കാന്‍ പറഞ്ഞതാണ്. അത് ചെയ്യാത്തതില്‍ പ്രതിഷേധിച്ച് ഇനി സമ്മാനങ്ങള്‍ sponsor ചെയ്യുന്നതല്ല എന്ന് ഞാന്‍ തീരുമാനിച്ചു. :-) :-) :-)

Admin, I would like to sponsor an award each to the best CW creators for both these competitions. (small ones - Rs 250 each) What would you say ? (Again, the name should not be revealed)

If yes, can we decide the best CW creators for the "Samasya" ?

For the next event, you can start giving anoption to vote for the CW button in the CW page itself if possible. The conducting groups (I mean we all six 3+3) can decide the best CW from the most marked three CWs.

I have shared some thoughts regarding the CW points in the public forum. Should we discussed it here?

1. If you do not complete a CW, how does one get a higher rank (and Rank bonus)
    2. As per my experience, the auto save option should be disabled if 75 marks crossed

പേര് വെളിപ്പെടുത്താന്‍ ആഗ്രഹിക്കാത്ത ജയകുമാര്‍/വിവേക് എന്നൊരാള്‍ സമ്മാനങ്ങള്‍ sponsor ചെയ്യുന്നതാണ് എന്നായാലോ ജോജു? :) :) :)

Please increase the CW creator bonus to 115 so that the efforts put by creators will be taken care .....

If the CW creators are not getting more points than the winner, I afraid nobody will be interested in creating crosswords

നിര്‍മാതാവിന് 115 കൊടുക്കുന്ന രീതിയോട് എനിക്ക് വ്യക്തിപരമായി യോജിപ്പില്ല. കാരണം ഒന്നാം റാങ്കുകാരന്‍ ചുരുങ്ങിയ സമയം കൊണ്ട് കളിക്കുന്നു. അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്റെ മിടുക്ക് കൊണ്ട് മറ്റൊരാള്‍ക്ക്‌ കൂടുതല്‍ പോയിന്റ് ലഭിക്കുന്നു എന്ന സ്ഥിതിയാകും.അതുകൊണ്ട് തന്നെ എളുപ്പമുള്ള പദപ്രശ്നം നിര്‍മിക്കാനാകും നിര്‍മാതാവ്‌ ശ്രമിക്കുക. (ഉത്തരം വേറെ ഒരാള്‍ക്ക് പറഞ്ഞു കൊടുത്ത് രണ്ടു പേരും നേട്ടം കൊയ്യുന്ന അപകടകരമായ അവസ്ഥ വരെ ഉണ്ടാകും)

ഒരു ഒബ്സെര്‍വേര്‍ എന്ന നിലയ്ക്ക് എന്റെ അഭിപ്രായങ്ങള്‍ പറയാം.

ഒരു നിര്‍മാതാവിന് ഒരു പദപ്രശ്നം നിര്‍മിക്കുവാന്‍ രണ്ടു ദിവസം എടുക്കുന്നു. ബുദ്ധിമുട്ടേറിയ ജോലി. അതുകൊണ്ട് പത്തു പോയിന്റ് അധികം കൊടുക്കുന്നു. റിലാക്സ് ചെയ്തു നേടാവുന്ന ഒരു കാര്യം.

ഒന്നാം സ്ഥാനക്കാരന്‍ കളിക്കുന്നു. ഏഴു പോയിന്റ് നല്‍കുന്നു. രണ്ടാം/പതിനൊന്നാം സ്ഥാനക്കാരന് അഞ്ചു പോയിന്റും.ഓര്‍ക്കണം മാനസിക ബുദ്ധിമുട്ട് ഇവിടെയും ഉണ്ട്. ചുരുങ്ങിയ സമയം!! അതുകൊണ്ടാണ് നമ്മള്‍ അവര്‍ക്ക്‌ ബോണസ്‌ കൊടുക്കുന്നത്.

ടൈം ബോണസ് കൊടുക്കുന്നത് ഒരു കളിക്കാരന്‍ ചുരുങ്ങിയ സമയം കൊണ്ട് അനുഭവിക്കുന്ന സ്‌ട്രെസിനുള്ള അംഗീകാരം മാത്രം. അത് പദപ്രശ്ന നിര്‍മാതാവിനെക്കാളും ഒന്നോ/രണ്ടു പോയിന്റു കൂടിയിരിക്കണം എന്നാണ് എന്റെ ഒരു നിരീക്ഷണം. രണ്ടാമത്‌ എത്തുന്നവന്‍ നിര്‍മാതാവിനെക്കാലും ഒരു പോയിന്റ് കുറഞ്ഞിരിക്കണം, ഒപ്പമായാലും ഒക്കെ.
    (തുടരും)

ടൈം ബോണസ്‌ കൊണ്ട് നമുക്ക്‌ ചെയ്യാവുന്നതു, ഒരു ചെറിയ സമയം (മുപ്പതു മിനിറ്റ്‌ എന്ന് വയ്ക്കുക) കൊണ്ട് ഒന്നാം റാങ്ക് കിട്ടിയാല്‍ 112 പോയിന്റ് ലഭിക്കുന്ന വിധം. ഒരു മണിക്കൂറില്‍ പൂര്‍ത്തിയായാല്‍ 110 പോയിന്റ്, മൂന്നു മണിക്കൂറില്‍ പൂര്‍ത്തിയായാല്‍ 109 പോയിന്റ്. ചിന്തിച്ചാല്‍ കാണാം ഒരാള്‍ക്ക് മാത്രമേ ഈ നേട്ടം കൈവരിക്കുവാന്‍ കഴിയുകയുള്ളൂ.

ഇതേ സമയത്തിനുള്ളില്‍ പതിനൊന്നാമത് എത്തുന്നയാള്‍ക്ക് 110, 108, 107 എന്നീ പോയിന്റുകള്‍ മാത്രമേ കിട്ടൂ. അതായത് മുപ്പത്‌ മിനിട്ടിനുള്ളില്‍ പതിനൊന്നു പേര്‍ക്ക് തീര്‍ക്കാവുന്ന പദപ്രശ്നം നിര്‍മാതാവ്‌ സെറ്റ്‌ ചെയ്യരുത്. ഉദ്ദാ: CW/2011/NLLL-1009 . ഇനി സെറ്റ്‌ ചെയ്‌താല്‍ തന്നെ ഒരാള്‍ മാത്രമാണ് നിര്‍മാതാവിനും മുമ്പില്‍ വരുന്നത്.

ഇതില്‍ ഒരു തീരുമാനം എടുക്കുവാന്‍ എന്നെക്കാളും നന്നായി നിങ്ങള്‍ക്ക്‌ സാധിക്കണം. നിങ്ങളാണ് ഇത് കളിക്കുന്നത്, ഇത് നിര്‍മിക്കുന്നത്, ഇത് അപ്പ്രൂവ് ചെയ്യുന്നത്.

എന്റെ അഭിപ്രായം.

30 min - 4 < < ഒരേ ഒരു സാധ്യത മാത്രമാണ് നിര്‍മാതാവിന് മുമ്പില്‍ ഉള്ളത്. അതും ദുഷ്കരം.
    1 hour - 3
    3 hour - 2
    1 day - 1

ഒറ്റനോട്ടത്തിൽ, അഡ്മിൻ പറഞ്ഞതു യുക്തിസഹവും പരിഗണിക്കേണ്ടതും തന്നെയെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു. കൂടുതൽ അഭിപ്രായം പിന്നീട്.
    (ആത്മഗതം): കുളിപ്പിച്ചു കുളിപ്പിച്ചു കുഞ്ഞിനു പനി പിടിക്കാണ്ടിര്‌ന്നാ മത്യേര്‌ന്നു്‌. :O)
    -pozhan

Sorry .... As per my opinion, the creator should get atleast one more mark than the topper. (Preferrably three)

Otherwise, I afraid there will be no crossword creators

We may think giving negative marks for CWs which is not up to the statndard

Off Topic : Where is Sanju? Is he aware that he is also part of the admin panel ;-) ? I couldnt see him in the whole discussion and also in the CW comment pages

@vivek

ഒരു പ്രാവശ്യം പരീക്ഷിക്കുന്നതില്‍ ഒരു തെറ്റും ഇല്ല. മാത്രമല്ല, നിര്‍മാതാക്കള്‍ കൂടുതല്‍ vigilant ആകും. നമ്മള്‍ ശ്രദ്ധിക്കേണ്ടത് കൊമ്പട്ടീഷന്‍ സ്പിരിറ്റ് കൂടിയാണ്. മുമ്പില്‍ എത്താന്‍ ഒരു പോസിബിലിറ്റി ഉണ്ടെങ്കില്‍ കളിക്കുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് ആവേശം കൂടുകയേ ഉള്ളൂ.

ടൈം ബോണസ് ചാപിള്ളയാകുന്നത് കാണുവാന്‍ എനിക്ക് ശേഷിയില്ല. അത് കോഡിങ്ങ് നടത്തിയവര്‍ക്ക്‌ ഒട്ടും ശേഷി ഉണ്ടാകില്ല. so I request you to finalize the time limit and bonus.

OK ... Let us experiment this time and see the response (anyway we have so many CWs in the queue)

before 90 minutes, 3 points (rank 1 will equals the creator, if she/he is really fast)
    before 6 hours, 2 points
    before 24 hours, 1 point

Is this the proposed one?

"before 90 minutes, 3 points " looks easy to get. we will make it tougher.

in bracket: chance for rank1 to complete a crossword.

20 min - 4 (nearly impossible )
    1 hour - 3 (possible)
    2 hours - 2 (a good chance)
    one day - 1 (for sure)

Can we change 20 minutes to 30 minutes ....

yes. അത് സാധ്യത കൂട്ടും എന്ന് മാത്രം. അധികമൊന്നും ആരും ഒരു മണിക്കൂറിന്റെ താഴെ മുഴുവന്‍ പൂര്‍ത്തിയാക്കിയിട്ടില്ല എന്ന നിലയ്ക്ക് മുപ്പത് മിനിറ്റും ഒരു വിഷയമല്ല.

new time bonus.

30 min - 4 (nearly impossible )
    1 hour - 3 (possible)
    2 hours - 2 (a good chance)
    one day - 1 (for sure)

Will finalize this chart after 6PM. can you comment the same in cw-discuss/ blog. afterall "time bonus" is your idea.

I will do that ....

Actually my idea was slighlty different from this ..... There wont be any Rank bonus in my plan. Only time bonus :)

Eg. if 5 guys scored within 30 minutes everybody will get 5 points :-)

Or we can stick to our initial plan as an experiment.

ഒന്ന്… ആദ്യം പൂര്‍ത്തിയാക്കുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് Time Bonus ഏര്‍പ്പെടുത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.
    ആദ്യ 45 മിനുറ്റില്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 7 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 90 മിനുറ്റില്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 6 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 3 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 5 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 6 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 4 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 12 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 3 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 24 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 2 പോയിന്റ്.
    രണ്ടു ദിവസത്തിനുള്ളില്‍ തീര്‍ക്കുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് 1 പോയിന്റ്.
    (ഇത് ലഭിക്കുവാന്‍ നൂറ് ലഭിക്കണം എന്നില്ല. പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്‌താല്‍ മതി. റീ-പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്‌താല്‍ മുമ്പ്‌ ലഭിച്ച Time Bonus ന് മാറ്റം വരും.)

I think we can finalize as per vivek's last comment (vivek_rv 9:24AM ).
    It looks comparatively best among the suggestions.
    For creators- 7 points(Top time bonus/45 minutes) which is equal to the smartest player. And most of the time 1 point more (sometimes 2) than him because that is nearly impossible for players.
    -pozhan

@jaymro

താങ്കള്‍ ഉദ്ദേശിക്കുന്നത് ഇതാണോ...
    ആദ്യ 45 മിനുറ്റില്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 7 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 90 മിനുറ്റില്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 6 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 3 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 5 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 6 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 4 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 12 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 3 പോയിന്റ്.
    ആദ്യ 24 മണിക്കൂര്‍ പബ്ലിഷ് ചെയ്യുന്നവര്‍ക്ക്‌ 2 പോയിന്റ്.
    രണ്ടു ദിവസത്തിനുള്ളില്‍ തീര്‍ക്കുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് 1 പോയിന്റ്.

+ റാങ്കിന്റെ ബോണസ്‌.

rank1 - 7
    rank2 - 5
    rank 12 - 4
    rank 21 - 3
    rank 52 -2

and creator bonus = 110.

there is a chance that rank1 will get 114. FOUR points more than creator :-(
    ==============

OR think in this way..
    ++++++++++++
    rank1 - 5 points
    rank2 - 4
    rank 12 - 3
    rank 21 - 2
    rank 52 -1

45min- time1 - 5 points
    90min -time2 - 4
    3hour -time3 - 3
    12hour-time4 -2
    1day- time5 - 1

here rank1+time1 bonus == creator-bonus at the most

rank bonus ഒഴിവാക്കി കൊണ്ട് കളിക്കുന്നതില്‍ അര്‍ഥം തോന്നുന്നില്ല. ടൈ ആകുമ്പോള്‍ എടുത്തു വീശാന്‍ പറ്റിയ സാധനമാണ്.

1) Let the rank bonus as same as at present.
    2) Extra time bonus.As -vivek_rv 9:24AM (same as Admin, I think.)
    So total-114
    3) Creator-111 points

Vivek,
    No need to worry about your concern-(participants get rid of creating). They won't. And creating a crossword is a matter of satisfaction also.
    For instance, scoring top rank is not my cup of tea. I'ld prefer to create a CW.
    If you complete my CW before an expected time, I'll (should) accept that you are better than me.
    The best player should be at the top. However, player's ability is compensated with creator's efforts up to a great extent. Most often, Creators are not 'best' players. So they don't lose their points either.
    (As creators Vikas/vivek may be the only losers with this structure, at present. ha..ha..)

So setting creator's points less than the best player is justifiable.(I differ from my last comment in a second thought.)

Admin's earlier observation/opinion in this regard is acceptable.
    -pozhan

Hi Pozhan, I am not worrying about loosing points. I know how to get out of that situation I will create tough CWs ;-). Just imagine everybody stepping in to my shoes. The crosswords will be tougher and tougher and the interest of the players also will be go down with that .... That is the concern.

i.e. Either the CW creators will be in trouble or the players ....

Admin, I prefer the second

think in this way..
    ++++++++++++
    rank1 - 5 points
    rank2 - 4
    rank 12 - 3
    rank 21 - 2
    rank 52 -1

45min- time1 - 5 points
    90min -time2 - 4
    3hour -time3 - 3
    12hour-time4 -2
    1day- time5 - 1

@Pozhan
    you have got my point.
    "If you complete my CW before an expected time, I'll (should) accept that you are better than me."

this is the punch I failed to explain.

but need compromises everywhere. so for the first introduction of time bonus, we will try adjusting rank bonus.

+++++
    rank1 - 5 points
    rank2 - 4
    rank 12 - 3
    rank 21 - 2
    rank 52 -1

45min- time1 - 5 points
    90min -time2 - 4
    3hour -time3 - 3
    12hour-time4 -2
    1day- time5 - 1
    ++++++

if it would satisfy everybody, we can go ahead with these changes. we may alter the bonus on next event, depends on player's response . shall I close the discussion?

and as vivek said, there is a chance for people to create tougher crosswords in future. okay, you are the approver anyway. you may correct if it is too complicated, less linking etc.

Yes, Admin .... I agree with the below:

+++++
    rank1 - 5 points
    rank2 - 4
    rank 12 - 3
    rank 21 - 2
    rank 52 -1

45min- time1 - 5 points
    90min -time2 - 4
    3hour -time3 - 3
    12hour-time4 -2
    1day- time5 - 1
    ++++++

Also, I have mentioned about some prizes for the CW creators ... Any thought Admin/Jeyakumar/Vikas/Aneesh/Mujeeb?

Am I late? A minor modification...

Adding one point to rank-1
    [actually Minus one to the old style 7,5,4,2,1]

rank1 - 6 points < ==
    rank2 - 4
    rank 12 - 3
    rank 21 - 2
    rank 52 -1

Making Time-limit more tighter.
    Only faster player deserves time bonus.
    ==> 1/2 hour - time1 - 5 points
    ==> 1hour -time2 - 4
    3hour -time3 - 3
    12hour-time4 -2
    1day- time5 - 1

feels Good?

vivek,
    You are welcome to announce a best crossword maker for "samasya". another surprise for me!

vikas/jayakumar can you help him to find the best

Bijoy, make an announcement of this surprise to the blog.

As jakakumar said
    കുളിപ്പിച്ചു കുളിപ്പിച്ചു കുഞ്ഞിനു പനി പിടിക്കാണ്ടിര്‌ന്നാ മത്യേര്‌ന്നു്‌. :O)

Good Discussion. Active!.

Delete all discussion about Anjana. Ignore her

I don't like giving 1 point time bonus for Day1 completion. But we minus rank bonus.It compensate each other. umm.

• sanjupsanjup February 2011 +1 -1

ജോജു/അഡ്മിന്‍,
    വരുന്ന ഏതെങ്കിലും മത്സരങ്ങളിലൊന്നില്‍ 500 രൂപയുടെ ഒരു സമ്മാനം സ്പോണ്‍സര്‍ ചെയ്യാന്‍ എനിക്ക് താല്‍പ്പര്യമുണ്ട്,എപ്പോള്‍ വേണം,എങ്ങനെ വേണം എന്നുള്ളത്,ആലോചിച്ച ശേഷം എന്നെ ഒന്ന് അറിയിക്കാമോ?

എന്റെ പേര് കൊടുക്കല്ലേ ...................................... സമ്മാനം മാത്രം പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ചാല്‍ മതി

Welcome back Sanju .....

നമസ്കാരം,

ചര്‍ച്ചയില്‍ പങ്കെടുക്കാന്‍ താഴെ കാണുന്ന ഒരു ബട്ടണ്‍ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കുക. പദപ്രശ്നത്തിനു ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന പാസ്‌വേഡ് ഇവിടെയും ഉപയോഗിക്കാം. ( അതു പ്രവര്‍ത്തിക്കുന്നില്ലേ? )

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion